The Complete Beginner’s Guide to War Thunder
If you’re a new player looking to get started in War Thunder
, the multiplayer online combat sim from Gaijin Entertainment, these guides may be of some help, though they were first published in 2013 and are rather out of date now; back then it was aircraft only, there were just five nations, and almost all the vehicles were from the Second World War. Still, most of the basics still apply, or you might just enjoy some screenshots from the olden days!
- Your First Battle – getting into action
- After Your First Battle – the results, new aircraft, further battles
- Upgrades – modifying aircraft for better performance
- Researching New Aircraft – more stuff to fly!
- Crew Skills and Repairing – training your crew, and knocking the dents out of crashed planes
- Arcade Mission Types – a brief overview of the Ground Strike and Domination mission types
- Aircraft Types – fighters, bombers and attackers
- General Air Combat – a few general tips on air combat
- Camouflage and Decals – personalising your plane
- Premium Options – spending real money (if you want to)
- Which Country Should I Play? – a whistle stop tour of the nations of War Thunder
- Other Game Modes – Realistic and Simulator Battles, Single Missions, Campaigns and Custom Battles
- Tank Battles – engage in ground forces combat with tanks and other armoured vehicles