- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a hero or heroine.
- suitable to the character of a hero in size or concept; daring; noble: a heroic ambition.
- having or displaying the character or attributes of a hero.
- having or involving recourse to boldness, daring, or extreme measures.
- dealing with or describing the deeds, attributes, etc, of heroes, as in literature.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the heroes of antiquity: heroic mythology.
- used in heroic poetry. Compare heroic verse.
- resembling heroic poetry in language or style; grandiloquent.
- (of style or language) lofty; extravagant; grand.
- larger than life-size: a statue of heroic proportions.
- (in World of Warcraft) quotidian; apathetic; perfunctory; mundane, e.g. heroic dungeon.
Why it’s the very dictionary definition of dictionary definition innovation.
Nice G&S reference! :D